Sunday, December 11, 2016

Lowdermilk Park

I went to Lowdermilk Park, a City of Naples park and beach on Gulfshore Boulevard North.


Two huge origami sculptures by local artist Kevin Box are in the park.  He has a few other origami sculptures at Baker Museum, and many more at the Botanical Garden.  (Must go there in January.)


A big and colorful umbrella grabbed my eye.


Naples beaches have racks of life preservers with signs reading "Kids don't float."  Good idea.


Edgewater Beach Hotel is half a mile up the beach from the park.
My photos of the hotel were nondescript but I liked the organized but unused sand shovels.

10 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Hard to miss that umbrella but I'm sure you noticed something or someone else at the beach!

Ed said...

I'm jealous. It's not fair that you're walking the beaches and enjoying the warm weather while we're bracing for cold temperatures and snow tonight and tomorrow! I do enjoy the beach scenes though.

Sharon said...

It looks so warm and tropical!

William Kendall said...

The sculptures do command your attention!

Lois said...

Nice photos Jack! It seems to still be summer down there. We have had some freezing temps up here this week.

Taken For Granted said...

Looks like you had a lovely, productive day at the beach.

jennyfreckles said...

Such colourful shots. Those origami sculptures seem quite animated.

Bill said...

Looks like you had a very colourful day at the beach.

Bob Crowe said...

I like the fancy in the crowns of blossoms or whatever they are. The umbrella makes me wonder if this is the LGBT section of the beach.

Kay said...

Glad to see another "Kids Don't Float" life preservers station. And I love your assortment of colorful beachy stuff. Feeling a tad envious. We had (rare) snow this morning.